HOW IT WORKS:
Traditional dispute resolution usually involves litigation, which can be both costly and time-consuming.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) has come to mean a variety of processes including negotiation, conciliation, mediation, and arbitration.
It is now widely recognized that ADR produces a number of benefits that more adversarial processes for resolving disputes, such as litigation, cannot create.
THE BENEFITS OF ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION INCLUDE:
- potentially-significant cost savings
- time savings
- maintaining privacy — so that proprietary business practices are kept from the public and competitors
- enhanced client service, increased employee satisfaction and positive public relations
- preserving business relationships
- greater efficiency and less diversion of productive management time
- reducing business uncertainty
- avoiding unfavourable publicity
- maintaining control over the dispute resolution process